Breaking into and succeeding in the local food market can be a challenge for producers and buyers. Finding clients and suppliers is important but developing those contacts into long-term relationships is the key to success.
This series of five booklets will help both buyers and suppliers better understand the landscape of local markets and identify some of the factors for success.
The five booklets focus on different aspects of the local market. They can be downloaded from the links below.
- Local Market Relationships - Producers.pdf
- Local Market Relationships - Buyers.pdf
- Local Market Relationships - Restaurants.pdf
- Local Market Relationships - Retail.pdf
- Local Market Relationships - Wholesale.pdf
This series was created from notes and conversation at workshops and discussion sessions at our Meet Your Maker events and supported with generous funding from Vancity.